People are always needed for a variety of volunteer jobs at the Senior Center. These positions offer the enrichment found by helping others. Without these dedicated individuals, we could not provide the variety of services and programs to the seniors in our community. Just give us a call, at 978-921-6017!
The Beverly Council on Aging is also a great place to complete your school internship. The seniors love meeting students and there is a great variety of opportunities. We have hosted students from Salem State College, Endicott, Gordon and North Shore Community College, and welcome more! Contact Director MaryAnn Holak to discuss further.
Volunteer service at the Senior Center offers:
- Annual Volunteer Recognition Events
- Community Involvement
- Flexible Schedule
- Making New Friends
- Activities assistant
- BEV CAM Volunteers: Learn to work in front of and behind the scenes of the Senior Center's TV show Livin' the Good Life.
- Café on the Hill Coffee Maker: Make coffee in the Dining Room one day a week for 4 hours
- Computer Instructors/Assistants: We need teachers and assistants to help grow the number of computer classes and help provide quality instruction (all levels needed).
- Custodial help indoors and outdoors
- Filing and updating
- Food service volunteer for our daily lunch
- Health clinic receptionist (blood pressure)
- Host/Hostess for special events
- Knitters and Crocheters Group: Knitting and crocheting for newborns, small children, and seniors in our community
- Lunch reservations
- Musical entertainers
- Newsletter: preparing The Garden City Courier, for monthly mailings
- Reception desk volunteer: Answer phone calls and field questions from seniors coming through the front doors.
- Senior Day at Lynch Park
And much more!! Call us today at 978-921-6017 or email Gail to set up a time to discuss how you would like to help.