September 28th, 2022 Update
- Bridge Street Project: Public hearing webinar. Project Updates.
During paving operations it is critical to the success of the project that all vehicles are off the road by 7 am or they will be towed. Police details, City of Beverly personnel, and the Contractor Crew will be able to assist you during this process.
2022 Current Paving Projects
- Beckford Street (All) - Reconstruct sidewalks followed by NGrid Gas work then paving - Starting Spring 2022 - Sidewalks COMPLETE
- Elliott Street (McPherson to Greene St) - - Summer 2022
- Conant Street (Cabot Street to Danvers Line): Grind and Pave - Spring 2022 - COMPLETE
- Colon Street (Brimbal Avenue to Heather Street): Sidewalks, - Fall 2022 - Spring 2023
- Western Avenue (All): Reclaim and Sidewalks - Summer 2022
- Greenwood Ave (Common Ln to Dead End) - Reclaim - Summer 2022
- McKeown School Parking Lot - Reclaim - Summer 2022 - COMPLETE
- Crack sealing: Various Locations - 2022 list to be created and put out to bid
Beckford St - The sidewalk contractor has completed all sidewalk work. National Grid Gas has main and service installations to do this Fall/Winter and reclaim and paving is scheduled for next Spring.
Elliott Street - Milling is scheduled for October 8-9th. Castings to be raised the week of October 10th. Paving is scheduled for October 15th.
Western Avenue - Sidewalk and driveway work will continue as well as installation of handicap ramps.
Greenwood Avenue - Binder level of pavement is scheduled for Monday October 3rd.
Lynch Park Parking Lot
It is important to note that there is no exact schedule or timeline. During sidewalk construction, it is possible that trees may need to be replaced. Please check this website frequently for Paving Related Updates. Follow us on Twitter @BeverlyEngineer.
Important Information for Those Residents Affected by the Street Paving Projects
Upon completion of the paving projects, the newly paved streets will not be permitted to be dug/opened for at least five years based on the road age and/or Pavement Condition Index (PCI) rating (PDF) (if approved by the Engineering Department). Therefore, if there is any pending underground utility work to be performed it must be completed prior to completion of the paving project.
Examples of Underground Utility work are but not limited to:
- Natural Gas: In the event you do not have natural gas service and are interested in changing to natural gas, we would suggest that you contact National Grid (800-233-5325) to schedule your service at this time. Please notify the Engineering Department if you need assistance you with expediting your request 978-605-2358).
- Sewer (chronic issues should be addressed at this time and should be brought to the attention of the Engineering Department 978-605-2358)
- Sump Pump: If you have a sump pump it may be possible to connect to the City's drainage infrastructure. Call the Engineering Department if you need assistance with this matter 978-605-2358).
- Water (volume, pressure, and quality issues should be brought to the attention of the Water Department at this time 978-921-6057)
The Engineering Department is available to assist you with any questions or concerns you have. We will also be updating this important project with information that can be found on this link as it becomes available.