May 20th, 2022 Update
- Bridge Street Project: Public hearing webinar. Project Updates.
During paving operations it is critical to the success of the project that all vehicles are off the road by 7 am or they will be towed. Police details, City of Beverly personnel, and the Contractor Crew will be able to assist you during this process.
2022 Current Paving Projects
- Beckford Street (All) - Reconstruct sidewalks followed by paving - Starting Spring 2022
- Conant Street (Cabot Street to Danvers Line): Grind and Pave - Spring 2022
- Western Avenue (All): Reclaim and Sidewalks - Summer 2022
- Crack sealing: Various Locations - 2022 list to be created and put out to bid
Conant St - Grinding of the roadway is scheduled for Tuesday-Wednesday May 31st-June 1st. Structures will be adjusted and replaced starting on June 2nd and the road will be scheduled for pavement the following week.
Beckford St - The sidewalk contractor is currently resetting all the curbing in the traffic islands and then will begin resetting the curbing and constructing new concrete sidewalks on both sides of the streets.
It is important to note that there is no exact schedule or timeline. During sidewalk construction, it is possible that trees may need to be replaced. Please check this website frequently for Paving Related Updates. Follow us on Twitter @BeverlyEngineer.
Important Information for Those Residents Affected by the Street Paving Projects
Upon completion of the paving projects, the newly paved streets will not be permitted to be dug/opened for at least five years based on the road age and/or Pavement Condition Index (PCI) rating (PDF) (if approved by the Engineering Department). Therefore, if there is any pending underground utility work to be performed it must be completed prior to completion of the paving project.
Examples of Underground Utility work are but not limited to:
- Natural Gas: In the event you do not have natural gas service and are interested in changing to natural gas, we would suggest that you contact National Grid (800-233-5325) to schedule your service at this time. Please notify the Engineering Department if you need assistance you with expediting your request 978-605-2358).
- Sewer (chronic issues should be addressed at this time and should be brought to the attention of the Engineering Department 978-605-2358)
- Sump Pump: If you have a sump pump it may be possible to connect to the City's drainage infrastructure. Call the Engineering Department if you need assistance with this matter 978-605-2358).
- Water (volume, pressure, and quality issues should be brought to the attention of the Water Department at this time 978-921-6057)
The Engineering Department is available to assist you with any questions or concerns you have. We will also be updating this important project with information that can be found on this link as it becomes available.