Re-Opening in Massachusetts
Phase II, Part 1
On June 6, 2020 Governor Baker announced that Phase II, Part 1 of the re-opening plan would begin Monday, June 8, 2020. Included in Phase II, Part 1 are
- Childcare facilities and day camps
- Driving and flight school
- Funeral homes, with occupancy limits
- Higher education classes including post-secondary, vocational tech and occupation schools may allow students complete required courses for graduation.
- Historical spaces may reopen outdoor facilities. No guided tours allowed nor can they host functions or gatherings.
- Hotels and other lodgings, though they may not host events, functions or meetings
- Outdoor recreation including pools, playgrounds and driving ranges
- Personal services, such as home cleaning, window washing, education tutoring and career coaching, with social distancing mandated
- Restaurants, offering only outdoor dining and takeout
- Retail, with occupancy limits
- Sports: Professional teams may continue practices starting Monday, though no games or public admission is allowed. Youth sports and adult amateur leagues may resume as well.
- Warehouses and distribution centers
Phase II, Part 2
Phase II, part 2 will begin at a still unspecified and will likely include:
- Close-contact personal services, including:
- Hair removal
- Hair replacement and scalp treatment
- Makeup services
- Massage therapy
- Nail salons
- Personal trainers
- Skin care
- Tanning salons
- Tattoo and piercing services
- Indoor table service at restaurants
Additional Information on the 4-Phase Re-Opening Plan
On May 18, 2020 Governor Baker supplied additional information regarding the 4-phased re-opening plan for Massachusetts, including specific details about the businesses that could re-open in Phase 1 along with guidance has to how to re-open safely.Visit the Commonwealth of Massachusetts website with these details.
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts Mandatory Safety Standards for Work Places
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts Sector-Specific Protocols and Best Practices - Includes a preview of protocols and best practices for restaurants and lodging