The City of Beverly is committed to exceeding Massachusetts' goal of carbon neutrality by 2050. To reach this goal, Beverly is taking bold action to ensure the following from the Resilient Together climate action plan:
- Renewable energy is accessible to all residents and businesses.
- Our energy supply is reliable, efficient, safe, and resilient to climate-related disruptions.
- Clean energy, electrification, and energy storage technology adoption provide new and inclusive workforce development opportunities for our communities.
- Municipal asset operations will rely on 100% local clean energy by 2035 and all community energy will be supplied by renewable sources by 2050.
- All critical facilities have redundant systems to ensure utilities are supplied for the duration of projected future storm events.
- The Cities support infrastructure, policies, and regulations that increasingly enable electrification of buildings and transportation infrastructure.
Learn more about our energy portfolio in this two-page fact sheet or read the greenhouse gas emissions inventory developed for the Resilient Together climate action plan.
See the side bar for current City projects and for ways for you to reduce the carbon footprint of your home or business.