- November 7, 2023 General Election
- November 7, 2023 Ward 1 Sample Ballot (PDF)
- November 7, 2023 Ward 2 Sample Ballot (PDF)
- November 7, 2023 Ward 3 Sample Ballot (PDF)
- November 7, 2023 Ward 4 Sample Ballot (PDF)
- November 7, 2023 Ward 5 Sample Ballot (PDF)
- November 7, 2023 Ward 6 Sample Ballot (PDF)
- Ballot Questions Information Sheet For Voters (PDF)
- September 26, 2023 Preliminary Municipal Election
Important Deadlines for the November 7, 2023 Municipal Election
- Last day to register to vote is Saturday October 28, 2023 at 5:00 PM
- Last day to apply for a mail in ballot is Tuesday, October 31, 2023 at 5:00 PM
- Last day to apply for an in person absentee ballot is 12:00 PM on November 6, 2023
If you have not returned your City Census for 2023 you may be on the "inactive voter list". Please fill out this census form and email it to email@example.com or mail to City Clerk's office 191 Cabot Street, Beverly. We will then update your status to active. If you are not sure if you sent back your census please call 978-605-2324. If you are on the inactive list when you are voting in the upcoming election, you will need to fill out a form at the polls and show proof of residency before voting.
Early Voting at City Hall
For the November 7, 2023 Municipal Election there will be in person early voting on the first floor of City Hall, 191 Cabot St. during the hours below.
|Saturday October 28th||10:00 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Monday October 30th||9:00 AM to 4:00 PM|
|Tuesday October 31st||9:00 AM to 4:00 PM|
|Wednesday November 1st||9:00 AM to 4:00 PM|
|Thursday November 2nd||9:00 AM to 7:00 PM|
|Friday November 3rd||9:00 AM to 12:30 PM|
Please enter through the Cabot St. front door of City Hall. No application ahead of time or appointment necessary.
Polling hours are 7:00am - 8:00pm on the day of the election at all locations.
Ward 1, Precincts 1 & 2: Ayers-Ryal Side Elementary School, 40 Woodland Avenue
Ward 2, Precincts 1 & 2: Beverly Public Library, Winter Street Entrance
Ward 3, Precincts 1 & 2: McKeown School, 70 Balch Street
Ward 4, Precincts 1 & 2: Cove Elementary School, 20 Eisenhower Avenue
Ward 5, Precincts 1 & 2: North Beverly Elementary School, 48 Putnam Street
Ward 6, Precincts 1 & 2: Centerville Elementary School, 17 Hull Street
Voting Absentee or by Mail
Vote by Mail (Early Voting by Mail) Requests
A registered voter who would prefer to vote by mail instead of voting at the polls on Election Day can apply for a vote by mail ballot to be mailed. No excuse is needed for voting by mail instead of at the polling location.
Please complete the vote by mail application. Applications may be submitted to the City Clerk's Office in person, by mail, fax, or by e-mail.
Absentee Ballot Requests
A registered voter who will be unable to vote at the polls on Election Day due to: (1) absence from the voter’s city or town during normal polling hours; or (2) physical disability preventing you from going to the polling place; or (3) religious belief can apply for an absentee ballot to be mailed.
Please complete the absentee ballot application. Applications may be submitted to the City Clerk's Office in person, by mail, fax, or by e-mail.
- Five business days before the election at 5:00 p.m.- Last day and hour to apply for ballot to be mailed.
- Day before the election at 12:00 p.m.- Last hour and day to apply for absentee ballot to be filled out in person at the City Clerk's Office.
- The ballot must be returned to the City Clerk's Office by close of the polls on Election Day.
- Please remember to sign the tan envelope before returning the ballot. Once the ballot is sealed inside the signed, tan envelope, it can be returned to the City Clerk's Office by mail in the provided white envelope or to the drop box at City Hall.
For more information on absentee voting and voting by mail, please visit the Secretary of the Commonwealth's website.
Are You Registered?
If you have not registered to vote, you may do so at the Clerk's Office in City Hall or online. A person may only be a registered voter in one location and should register at the address considered to be the primary residence.
The deadline to register to vote in any election is ten (10) days prior to the date of the election.
Have You Moved?
Voters must update their voter registration address every time they move, even within the same city. If you have moved, you can update your registration by filling out a new voter registration form and returning it to the City Clerk's Office or by making the change on the Secretary of the Commonwealth's website.
For more information on voting and elections, visit the Massachusetts Elections Division website. If you have questions about Beverly elections or voter eligibility, please call the City Clerk's Office at (978) 605-2324.