If your items are in good condition, consider donating to a local thrift store, such as Beverly Bootstraps or Savers (Danvers), or consigning. Otherwise, 95% of all textiles can still be reused or recycled!
Bagged donations of clean, dry textiles in any condition (including torn or stained) are welcome. Beyond clothing, acceptable items include:
- Footwear: shoes, boots, sneakers, heels, cleats, slippers, sandals
- Accessories: hats, purses, belts, gloves, duffel bags, ties, scarfs, totes, bathrobes
- Linens: sheets, blankets, draperies, pillows, towels, tablecloths, comforters, throw rugs (2'x4' or smaller), placemats
Non-textile items are prohibited in or around these collection bins, and violators will be fined for illegal dumping. Please refer to the collection schedule for appliances and electronics.
Textile Bins can be located at various locations around the City:
School Box Program at Beverly Public Schools
Beverly Public Schools PTOs participate in the School Box Program managed by Bay State Textiles, with rebates supporting the PTOs. Collection bins are located in in every Beverly Public School parking lot:
Planet Aid bins
- Church in the Cove, 167 Hale St.
- Stop & Shop, 224 Elliot St. and 37 Enon St.
- Lion Gas, 44 Enon St.
- Fuloon Restaurant, 7 Bow St.
- Ayers Elementary
- Beverly High School
- First Baptist Church (Hale St. side)